CABS for Reflections From the Fence
After a couple of hours of driving Man and I have finally reached Grosvenor Arch in the Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument.
There is a nice paved walkway from the parking area to the base of the arch. As you walk the view changes, the angles change, and Sony and I took a lot of photos, as usual.
Below, Turn here, 1 mile more. Man and I skipped driving the 30 some miles to US 89 (believe it is all dirt roads, that is a LONG drive on roads with these conditions).
Below: first sighting, don't see an arch, yet.
Ah, there is the arch! We knew we had the right place!
Walking around the base you get different perspectives, each interesting in their own way.
I think I like the last few photos the best, as they frame that portion of the formation that is behind the arch.
Was it worth the drive, we believe so.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...