Wednesday, October 26, 2011

THE Trip, Grosvenor Arch

CABS for Reflections From the Fence

After a couple of hours of driving Man and I have finally reached Grosvenor Arch in the Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument.

There is a nice paved walkway from the parking area to the base of the arch.  As you walk the view changes, the angles change, and Sony and I took a lot of photos, as usual.

Below, Turn here, 1 mile more.  Man and I skipped driving the 30 some miles to US 89 (believe it is all dirt roads, that is a LONG drive on roads with these conditions).


Below:  first sighting, don't see an arch, yet.


Ah, there is the arch!  We knew we had the right place!




Walking around the base you get different perspectives, each interesting in their own way.



I think I like the last few photos the best, as they frame that portion of the formation that is behind the arch.





Was it worth the drive, we believe so.



.

3 comments:

Michelle Goodrum said...

I agree it was worth the drive. Nice job on those last several photos of the arch.

Susan Clark said...

Another addition to the bucket list. My favorite is the second to last - love the skeleton of the tree against the rock.

Barbara Poole said...

Nice shots as usual. And, I noticed the sky / clouds. Blue, grey, blue, grey, etc. Makes for nice contrasts.