Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthday Obsevances, Agnes Jackson Butts

Agnes (Aggie) A. Jackson was born April 26, 1870 in Harvard, McHenry County, Illinois to William Jackson and Mary Willis Jackson.

Agnes married Albert Butts, according to his obituary, they married on September 26, 1884 (place unstated, and no record has been found in Illinois).  A marriage was found on the Wisconsin Historical Society online marriage index, the date of that marriage is recorded as September 14, 1884 in Walworth County, Wisconsin.  No copy has been ordered to verify the date, but I am satisfied this record is indeed for this couple.

Albert and Agnes had 4 children, two daughters survived to adulthood.  In 1920 Albert passed and Agnes was shown on the 1930 U.S. Census of Harvard, Chemung Township, McHenry County, Illinois, as a widow who was managing a boarding house.

Agnes died on July 8, 1935 in Harvard, McHenry County, Illinois, and was laid to rest with her husband at the Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Dunham Township, McHenry County, Illinois.


*Photo from her obituary published in the Harvard Herald, Harvard, McHenry County, Illinois, obtained by CABS by photographing the image on a microfilm reader.

Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

.

3 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Carol, I will be anxious to hear if there is more information on the copy you receive. They seem to give enough information for free. Thanks for this reminder (I've seen the site before, but just went on to something else), now I'm going to order it.

Carol said...

Barbara, I will not be ordering this marriage record in the near future, this couple is out on the end of the family tree limb. The free information will have to suffice till I hit the lottery! LOL

Barbara Poole said...

Carol, I reread your article after I sent the comment, and saw you weren't going to order it. I splurged and ordered a marriage record, so I am already anxious for my snail mail. Thanks again for posting that.