Saturday, April 3, 2010

Reflections This 'n That

I would like to thank everyone for reading my series on the Bellingrath Gardens.  We have not been sitting still though, and have had several more outtings with MORE photos.  Some will find their way to Reflections over the next several weeks.

In the meantime, a few updates:

Moi vs my back. Seems to be better, as long as I remember to stretch.  The more stretching the better, and I need to do more, more, more.  Thanks Mavis for asking.

Man's mother, immediate health issues under control, long term issues still problematic.

Reflections is getting a new digital camera.  We have had the Cannon since early 2006, shot well over 11,000 photos with it.  The zoom does not always zoom, there are some issues with the shutter and the moveable view finder screen is very very sick, and will give us the black screen of death.  So, Man has been internet and Best Buy shopping, and he has ordered us, errr, me (snicker) a new Sony camera.  It is on the way to us as we chat.

Our time here is growing short, the weather has finally turned comfy and balmy.  Figures (she says while giggling snidely), eh??  But, hey, even though it was 17 wind chill factor here in January, and even though we had sleet, we did NOT shovel any snow.  Course, when we get back to Michigan there is still a chance it will snow, been there, done that, 4 inches on April 23rd one year. 

Our travels this winter did not go quite as planned hoped for.  That said, this is a great area, great museums, great restaurants (stay tuned for a review in a future post), the beach, huge live oaks and spanish moss, great restaurants (ooo, can we say, SEE food, err, SEA food), history, wrought iron, interesting cemeteries. and more great restaurants, and of course, the beach (yea, the beach! again)




Just a few minutes ago, I looked out Tana's window and saw something white floating in the pond.  In fact, several white things.  I guessed, oh, my gosh, there are lily pads, and they are blooming.  So, you just know what I had to do.  Grabbed the camera and went over and shot a few photos.



Reflections, Man and I wish you a fantastic holiday weekend.  Please join us in prayers for our loved ones that are fighting health issues, may they return to health and a vibrant life.



Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence.

.

3 comments:

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

You have been awarded the Ancestor Approved Award!

Barbara Poole said...

Carol, I've enjoyed your narratives and lovely photos. You have a talent in photography, that's for sure.

Karen said...

I'm sure you'll put that new camera to good use - I'm looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful photos!