You have all heard me, at least once or twice (okay, more like once or twice a day) say:
SPELLING DON'T COUNT !
When you are searching, that is so, so true.
However, there are exceptions to every rule, here is one.
I am working on cemetery records to be published. We walk the cemeteries, record em, work with sexton or whatever records we can find, we walk them again after they are typed. We check placement in the cemetery, row by row, we check for correct dates, we check for spellings and relationships.
After all corrections are done, we check again, against the old published books, which were done by the DAR during the 1930's and 1940's, when a lot of these stones still had inscriptions you could read.
So, today's work, I find the DAR records show: Ayers
When we walked this cemetery we found: Ayres.
Guess I will be making one more trip out there and check these stones again, cause when you are responsible for the recording,
SPELLING DOES COUNT!
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...