May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, made very poignant this year by the fact that Man has been diagnosed with a melanoma skin cancer, the worst kind.
Today, right now, at this moment, he is having surgery # 2, hopefully the last one needed for his mole/melanoma on the back of his left arm.
As I sit in the waiting room area of the University of Michigan Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, I cannot help but note the wonderful staff, the under currents of joy, sadness, fear, pain, happiness, life and death. This place is permeated with emotions.
Don't think this cannot happen to you, because it can! If caught early, these cancers are treatable. But they can spread quickly, and are particularly difficult to deal with if they get in to the lymph glands and beyond.
I would urge you to do an Internet search on skin cancer, melanoma. There are lots of great informational sites for you to study.
Learn the ABCD's of skin cancer. It could save your life.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...