Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rewarding stuff, this family history

OK, I am geeked, and thrilled. Every once in a while in this research game you get to be the good guy, connect a couple of cousins, provide a missing piece of information that connects entire twigs back to the root.

Each time it happens I get such a great feeling. Talk about a natural high! WOWEE

Last week while we were Tana touring, 2 gals contacted me about the same family. It took me a few days to figure this out, sorry for the delay, but, we were on that getaway.

Funny, they both contacted me because of some memorials I sponsor at Find A Grave. That alone is a new experience for me, new to posting memorials and my first connections from the site to the families I research.

Anywhoooooooo, earlier this evening I emailed both of them, introducing them, explaining how we were all interested in the same Eliza Lashbrook Quackenbush.

Several hours and emails later, from both gals, and we realize these 2 gals have the same great grandmother!

OK, I will go do a happy dance now, giggle a bit, smile at the wonders of the Internet, thank Find A Grave and then dance a bit more.

Gosh durn it, I love it when this happens!

No comments: