Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE Trip, Palm Springs Tram Ride, Palm Springs, California, At the Top, And Back Down Again

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

More photos from our Tram Ride at Palm Springs.

At the top of the Palm Springs Tram is the Mount San Jacinto State Park.


We had thought we might hike here, however, on arrival we discovered you must walk down a long steep sidewalk before you ever get to the hiking trails.  We ended up wandering down most of the sidewalk, but did not hike, choosing instead to take photos and people watch.  The walk back UP that sidewalk was enough exercise for the day, like I said, STEEP!

Massive rocks and pines line the steep walkway down
to the hiking trails, and as you will see, other snowy activities.
Someone we know, see, those rocks really are pretty good sized.
Yep, snow.  It was 55 degrees, mild, great temp for playing in the snow.
Other patrons of the park were snow shoeing, cross country skiing, sledding
and of course, tossing snow at each other.
The moon rising over the top of Mount San Jacinto.
The sun is starting to set.
Clouds always add interest, and that color!
Heading back down the tram/mountain at night.  The mountain is black,
you can just see the tram cables on the far top left of the photo,
the lights are of Palm Springs looking east.
And, so ends the story/saga/photos of THE Tram ride.  I am sure it is an experience I will remember for as long as I live.




.

4 comments:

Joan said...

I live in the West, but have never traveled the southwest, so I am so enjoying your travelogue.

Myrna said...

Your night time shot is post card perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Susan Clark said...

Gorgeous photos. Almost I am tempted. Almost. Thanks for sharing the fruits of your labors.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Great series and I love the night shot on the way down. I think I would like that tram ride down better at night too! LOL