Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Practically beside the Post Office in Bouse is the Bouse Chamber of Commerce which is housed in an old historic Assay Office. They have a small but, very nice, collection of historical items and some books about the area. The day we were there it was staffed by a very nice couple who volunteer there and park their RV nearby.
Part of the collection is an old miner's cabin which was moved from Swansea Arizona. Here is a shot of the interior.
Isn't this a poignant collection, inside the miner's cabin:
Outside there was a decent collection of tools and large machinery, found this bull wheel from Fort Worth Sputter:
We did not spend a lot of time here, but, we did get a glimpse into the history of the area. Congrats to this community for maintaining such a nice collection, well done!
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments