Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Over at Sharing a Slice of Life the challenge this week is, Winter Fun.
In my youth (ya, at some time I was young) I did not mind winter too much (boy has that changed, sighh). There was sledding, ice skating, snow man building.
Man and I even did some cross country skiing and snowmobiling AND winter camping at Gaylord Michigan sometime in the early 1990's. See, here is the van and the trailer and the SNOW!
Now, let me tell you, camping in that kind of weather takes some planning, cause back in them thar days, you did not have water connections at your rig in Gaylord Michigan in the winter. But, the bath house had heat and hot hot water! I digress, that is a blog post for another day - -
When I read the challenge, the very first photo I thought of was this one of Son # 1 (on the left), Son # 2 (in the middle) and a neighbor boy (right) jumping from snow banks and enjoying every moment of being a child and experiencing the what the "Detroit News" shows as the second most snowy snow storm in the greater Detroit area (we lived nearby). 19.2 inches of snow fell on December 1 to 2, 1974.
Boys, snow banks taller than they were, and a photo, lots of winter fun. Ah, memories!
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps