Tuesday, January 25, 2011

THE Trip, Tombstone Arizona, Boothill Grave Yard, Tombstone Tuesday

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

No trip to Tombstone Arizona is complete without a trip to Boothill Grave Yard.  It was originally called Tombstone Cemetery, has more than 250 graves, most of those burials done between 1878 and 1884.  There is a small brochure available describing each burial, row by row and if any information is known about the interred, it is included.  The "inscriptions" here are interesting, here are a few of my favorites:






Lots of Unknown (click on the photo for a larger version):






* In a future post I will chat about one of the first graves I found, and my interest in it - -

3 comments:

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

This is the most interesting Tombstone Tuesday I have seen in a long time! It looks just like I imagined Boot Hill would look (like a movie set!)

Barbara Poole said...

Bang, bang. I was looking forward to this. Thanks.

Michelle Goodrum said...

How, pray tell, does one get killed from playing cards? My imagination is running wild...booze...bets...gunfights...