Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday, Daphne Methodist Church Cemetery

Another historic cemetery here in Baldwin County Alabama.  Lets take a quick photo tour:


Two lambs resting on the top of the stone memorializing:
Willie S. and J.A. Hugh Taylor
sons of
Elijah S. and Adie G. Taylor


Above:  Old fence post.


Above:  Small plot, fenced in.  Could have been only one grave.

And, below, two of a number of the same kind of unusual stones I found. 
Believe they are recent additions to mark previously unmarked burial spots.



Note color and huges of these artistic stones are for the most part more akin to the coloring on Becky Ann's stone.  They were all in one area of the cemetery, which was surrounded by some type of fencing.  They sure appear to be hand made. I did not attempt to determine the type of material from which they are made.  I thought they were exquisite. 

Daphne Methodist Church Cemetery is represented on Find A Grave, here.


Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence.
.

4 comments:

Sanjay Maharaj said...

Two little lamb is definitely different and unique in my opinion.

Lori H said...

Carol, very interesting stones. I really love the lambs though!

Carol said...

I noticed after I posted this, that the lambs seem to be laying on a pillow or something, note the "tufting". Love the detail!

Karen said...

I love unusual grave markers... would much rather have one like Becky Ann's than the hugest most expensive monument on earth. Thanks for sharing.