Friday, March 12, 2010

Freakin Friday??

The other day while it rained here (once again), I was working in Ontario Marriages, at Ancestry.  I was rather amazed at the horrible indexing, and that says something, cause their indexing has LONG been a bone of contention around here.  I have no count on how many marriage records in this data base are indexed in error, but I found quite a few.  Seems that the groom's mother's name is repeated for the bride's mother's name. 

Let the images speak for themselves, Ancestry dot com.







Sad, sad, sad.


Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence.

.

2 comments:

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

Agreed....but I have found it in other areas of ancestry and have begun to add the correction...at least in the census indexing.

Carol said...

Yes Linda, we can add corrections now, and I have, but in this case I would have been correcting for hours, maybe days. My internet connection has been a bit "under-powered" lately, and I just did not have that kind of time to donate. I would rather spend my volunteer hours somewhere else right now.