Monday, November 9, 2009

Smile for the Camera, 18th Edition, Travel

"The word prompt for the 18th Edition of Smile For The Camera (link only partially function in 2018) is "Travel." Planes, trains and automobiles. Horses, mules, carts, and wagons. Bikes or on foot. Show us your family and how they traveled. This is going to be a good one, I feel it in my luggage."  This challenge is hosted by footnoteMaven.

OKKKK, lets go through the list:

Planes -- got those, see:

Above, my father and one of his planes.

Above, my mother flew our plane to Kitty Hawk North Carolina,
note in the background the Wright Brothers National Monument.

Trains - - did ride one from Virginia to Michigan when I was younger, and a few touristy type rides, but, not really.

Automobiles - - Yep, got a LOT of travel time in automobiles.  Lookie what I found part 2, don't always trust your brother, was actually a automobile trip.

Horses, mules, carts and wagons - - nope, cannot say I do.  Bikes or on foot - - mmmmm, ya right, not this gal.

One that footnoteMaven did not include in her list was RVs.  And, since that is such an important part of Man and my lives, I really must share some of that with you.  A couple of years ago, I did a web page about our camping gear history, I think you might find it fun to have a look at, here

Man and I have traveled with one or more of our RV's to:  Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Maine, Massachussets, Ontario Canada and probably a place or two I have neglected to list.

Some of our travel logs and stories can be found at Beyond Reflections From the Fence.

My second blog post here at Reflections From the Fence was titled, And her name is Tana.

Even, the description of my blog mentions, RVs, "This and that from my world of family research, Yorkies, RV's and traveling."

To Man and Moi, travel = Rving, as I freqently am known to say, "Every day spent on earth is a blessing, every day spent in our Montana is a day blessed twice."  
 

.

1 comment:

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

How interesting that your folks owned planes. Kitty Hawk....a good place to fly. We used to spend time on the Banks....summer vacations....and have been to that very field where she is pictured. Brings back fond memories. Thanks Carol.