Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Famous Look-Alikes

Randy from Genea-Musings keeps coming up with these wild and fun challenges for Saurday Night. Here is the latest:

Find which celebrities that have the same facial features that you (or someone else you choose) have. Here are the directions:

1) Go to www.MyHeritage.com - you don't have to be a registered member to use this feature. Click on the "Celebrities and Fun" tab.

2) Click on the "Celebrity Collage" tab, and then on the "Create my Collage" button.

3) Upload a photograph with your face (or another person's face) to the site (the face must be at least 100 x 100 pixels) and click on the "Run face recognition" button.

4) Select a collage template, and the faces (up to 8) to go into the collage template. Click on "Next" and "Preview" your template, which should bring up the template for you to review. You could click on "Save" and it would go off to your selected social networking site.

5) Figure out how to show your collage on your blog or social network site (I have my own process defined below).

6) Tell us which celebrities that you (or your selected person) look alike - write your own blog post, make a comment to this post or on Facebook.

7) Think about how you could use something like this as a Christmas gift.

I am skipping number 6 (because you can read them below) and number 7.  Here is a collage I made up of Moi.


One comment:  GEESH!!

Now, how I got an image from MyHeritage.com to my blog.

When at step 4 from Randy's fine directions above, instead of "Save", I used a program called One Note.  (Man is gonna just LOVE that I am talking about One Note as he has to twist my arm to get me to even try it out.  OKKKK, dude!  You were really right about this one!  I adore One Note!)  This is a Microsoft program.

One Note has a slick copy tool, you need to have a keyboard with a Windows key.  You know, you have Print Screen keys, Delete keys, PgUp and Pg Dn.  Many key boards also have a Window key.  I found an example here at Wikipedia.

OKKKK, now that you know what a Windows Key is, you are going to get ready to capture your image.  Hold down the Windows Key and then press the "s" key.  That is it, One Note takes over, captures the image and opens a page/screen inside the One Note program.

Now, with Adobe Photoshop open, here is what I do to get the captured image into Jpg format and ready to load onto my blog.

Right click with your mouse on the image in One Note, say Copy. (Or, click on the image, go to Edit, then Copy.)

Go over to Adobe, click on File, New, and say, OK, this opens a white screen on the work area.  Now, click on Edit, click on Paste and the image is in Adobe.

You can edit the image as you always do in Adobe, and when you are finished editing, go to File, Save As.  Now, pay attention, because it will not save in Jpg format UNLESS you tell it to, so, tell it!  Pick a directory and a file name, and Save.

Now, you can use your image in your blog.

The disclaimer:  This is how it works with the version of Adobe Photoshop that I have, and the version of One Note I have.  We all know how finicky and stubborn computers and programs can be.  Hope it will work for you.


.

2 comments:

FranE said...

Okay Carol, I did it but I am not sure it was fun. I had to do it twice, Henry Fonda and Anthony Quinn are just not acceptable look-alikes for me. lol :-o

Carol said...

OK, lets make this a WILD challenge, I agree some of the matchups were "interesting" to say the least. LOL I started with a photo that was too small (DPI were less than 100 X 100) and it no worka! Nope, will not be giving these as Christmas gifts! LOL