Thursday, February 9, 2012

This N That, Some of This is IMPORTANT

Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Reflections and Man have been a bit busy this week, running errands and other life stuff.  A long walk here and there, and by the end of the day, I seem to have enough energy left to format a few pages of the next book I am working on for the Lenawee County Family Researchers, and not much else.  I read blogs and Google+ and Facebook, and always seem to find some great articles, I found several this week that had great hints for me and where I am with technology, or need/want to go with technology.

I note with humble joy that I have added several new followers in the last few weeks, welcome and come back often, thanks for following.

Now, the REALLY important stuff:

Social Security Death Index, major news about that all over the net, blogisphere and GeneaBloggers.  Here is a link, seriously, if you have not followed a single link I have ever put here on Reflections and you are a family researcher, then for cripes sake,

  CLICK HERE NOW!! (Link dead, Oct. 2018)

And, for fun for our researchers - - the 1940 census comes to a web site near you April 2nd!  Indexing will NOT be available on April 2nd.  But, you too can get in on the fun and help index.  I will be doing some of this indexing, what an opportunity, expand my learning curve, learn more about technology, help researchers for years to come!  What is NOT to like here??  WOOT.  

So, click here, and index 1940.

And, now, Man and I are off for a lunch with good RVing friends, laughter, possibly some planning of next winter's winter get aways, and who knows what else - - 


* As of October 2018, this census has, of course, been indexed.   But, you can index other data sets at FamilySearch.  Go here and give it a try!

.

2 comments:

Lynne Carothers said...

Petition is signed and I have passed the info from Thomas MacEntee onward on Facebook. Hope it helps in some small way. I will contemplate indexing. I've done it before for Ancestry.com.

Enjoy your lunch with friends!

Carol said...

Thanks Lynne!