Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras Boat Parade, Gulf Shores, Alabama

Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence


Happy Mardi Gras


This afternoon Man and I took a break from doing paper work and such for the new ride and took the new ride for a ride over to the Intracoastal Waterway and soaked up some sun and grabbed a few beads during the Gulf Shores - Orange Beach Mardi Gras boat parade.  Sony got photos!  WAHHOO!

There are boats with beads and jesters:


There are boats with lots of shiny stuff:


There are boats with lots of flags!


Usually they just toss beads at you, these guys got really serious about being sure the beads reached the shore, air guns!


And, the hats were all fun and fab and full of feathers:


The pirate theme was well represented.  By the way, what do they call a female pirate?


And, this is probably my favorite, more pirates, including a flag up top the mast:


Lisa:  He might not be Johnny, and he has on sunglasses so we cannot see his eyes, but, I think he is a pretty cute pirate, don't you?  He even has a cute little yellow duck!




*  What a difference two years can make, first 2010, look at the beads and look at that winter coat, earmuffs and gloves!


And, today, giving Big Butt's Big Brother (still officially unnamed) a hug, just a few beads, but, a t-shirt.


I think I like the fewer beads and the warmer temps!
.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Cool!!! Looks like good fun for all involved. And I'll bet it was much more fun without the winter garb. :)

Sharon said...

Great photos of the boats all decked out in there Mardi Gras attire. You guys are having such a great time. I love traveling thru your pictures and stories.

PalmsRV said...

How festive!

Michelle Goodrum said...

Fun!!

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

Oh yeah...the warmer temps indeed. We have had TWO days this entire winter that were cold. I have had a fire in the fireplace ONCE..grumble, grumble. Those are some awesome photos! I have been to Mardi Gras 4 times (all in the 70s) and I saw some interesting things. Just ask me about the guy in the completely see through, fancy schmancy cowboy outfit! Circled the block just so we could go by him for a second look, LOL! Darn, you are having just TOO much fun Carol! Too much fun, LOL!

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

OH MY...where did I leave my mind? Anyone seen a stray brain? LOL! Forgot the pirate and his duckie! Good shot Carol, he IS kinda cute. But Johnny he is NOT. I mean, did your knees go weak? No? Well, alrighty then! But still, a girl can dream! YO HO!

Carol said...

And to think all this fun was packed into about 2 hours! And, cost was zip, zilch, zero! Well, the fuel to drive over and back.

Enjoyed it and all your comments, and ohhh, reader Ron answered the female pirate - - tis a wench. Thanks Ron.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

What fun! I didn't see any free events around Orlando for Fat Tuesday. It has been an amazingly warm winter and I'm loving it!

Barbara Poole said...

What fun, and you enjoyed it in warmth. Better watch out, Thomas may "borrow" your beads. I'm glad you had a nice time.