Thursday, February 16, 2012

Man's Dream - - It Came True

Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Let me introduce you to Big Butt's Big Brother.


It is a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, Diesel powered, Crew Cab, Dually, with 4 X 4, a 410 rear end.  One monster towing machine!  And, it is pretty inside too!  Our first vehicle with leather seats!  The outside color is called sagebrush pearl and that tan stuff at the bottom is called white gold. OK, whatever.   :-)

It has some other pretty neat gadgets too, a screen that shows what is in back of you while in reverse.  So far, my fav toy(s) are the side view mirrors, when you are in reverse those mirrors tip down so you are looking at the wheels.  Oh, I   L*O*V*E  that!  Woot!!

It is still a Big Butt type of truck, still has 4 tires back there:


It took Man all of 2 minutes to crawl in there and start measuring stuff, gotta see if the tool box will fit, I shall refrain from too much snickering:


Back in the park we paid a quick visit to our RVing friends Donna and John.  Cracked me up, she was standing out there with her camera when we drove up!  It did not take long, boys, WILL be boys, and this is a truck, and, well, there they are:


I know, isn't that just TOOOOOOOO funny??

Well, I have already been asked, do we have a name for Big Butt's Big Brother, and I have been contemplating, but, would also just LOVE it if you all join us in this celebration and offer your suggestions.

Here are a few other 'facts' about naming:

Big Butt 2 is taken by our RVing friends Mina and Bob, they also have a Dodge Ram. Big Butt 3 is taken by our RVing friends Coleen and Ray, and, yes, they also have a Dodge Ram.

We have tossed around, B4, as in Big Butt's Big Brother (4 B's), taking into consideration that the Ram has FOUR wheel drive, FOUR tires on the back axle, FOUR doors.

Now, before you ask, no, there will be no prizes if you suggest a name that we like, mmmm, we are now officially broke!  So, if you just want to have fun and participate in our little Ram happy dancing party, suggest names.  I am sure we will all have a great time reading suggestions!

So, do you think Man looks happy???


Ya, I do too!


.

17 comments:

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

Ram Butt!

Marti said...

Bubba Butt

GrannyPam said...

Nice. No name, just a complement.

Becky Wiseman said...

Wow! Very nice! Congrats to the both of you...

Lynne Carothers said...

Congratulations on a wonderful addition to the family. I will work on names. (becomesI did say one on a previous post.)

Jasia said...

If a truck can be pretty, this one is! I'll have to think about the name...

Kathy Reed said...

I am SOOO happy for you and MAN!

Randy Seaver said...

The BAT-Mobile... Big Ass Truck - Mobile.

my Heritage Happens said...

Beautiful! Congrats to you guys! Life is for living, keep enjoying! (and sharing with us!)

Renate Yarborough Sanders said...

I don't know what happened to my first comment, but I'll try one more time! I was saying....

Awww, that's so sweet, and yes, he looks ECSTATIC! I like the name, "B4", and I was saying you should just go with that, but then I thought of another one... "QUATRO"! That would be cool! :)

Congrats on the addition to your fam. :)
Renate

Barbara Poole said...

It is a beauty. I'd like the word Ram in the name, like "R Ram," "4 Ram" or "GoRam." Anyway, congratulations big time and enjoy the miles with her.

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

How do you know this isn't Big Butt's sister Bertha? I mean, how do you sex a truck? LOL! Nice ride and yes, Man looks very happy!

Carol said...

First, Renate, both your comments came in, so I published the second one only. :-))

Next, THANK YOU ALL!

And, I am happy to announce that he is off in the pouring rain, getting the new ride D*I*R*T*Y. Woot! I mean, after all it IS a truck, meant for the dirty work.

Next, Thanks for the naming ideas. Love hearing them all, no decision has been made yet, (Randy - - cracked me up, thanks).

Lisa, as far as the, mmm, sex of a truck: Always thought of the truck as male, big brute of a dude to tote his mistress Miss Tana along!

Hope the rain stops by the time he gets back, I am anxious to get some of the piles of stuff put back in there, Tana does not mind helping out, really, but, Carol is ready to get the new ride ready to travel.

Again, thanks everyone!

Debbie Blanton McCoy said...

Blogger must be having problems again. I sent in a comment right after Marti and I don't see it. Nice looking truck! Congrats. I think it should be called Big Butt, Jr.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Wahoo. You are riding in style now!

How about Big Brother.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Purty, congrats!

How about Brother of Big Butt = BOBB. I like BAT and Big Brother too.

Larry said...

Hi. Just got back on after a while off.
I'm jealous, but not as much as I am HAPPY 4 U!!
What a great ride. You folks deserve it, too.
Have fun (as you always do.)
Larry