Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
You may remember back on January 23, 2011 I shared some campground fun. One of the photos was of the Rabbit Road sign with the hanging rabbits:
The other day on the way out of the campground we noted a bit of an addition. First the back story that I am aware of.
There is a fellow staying here in the campground that does these stump carvings (I am calling them stump carvings, I have no idea what he would call them). He starts out with large hunks of tree trunks, and ends up with folk art type of animals. He has done several pelicans, and I suspect he did the bear and the gator I shared with you last month.
And, now, the new addition to the park's carved critters:
Since I took this photo many more Mardi Gras beads have been added. Ya, they LOVE Mardi Gras around here.
Can't wait to see if our artist can come up with folk art stump carvings for Sumac Road and Live Oak Drive. Racoon Road, Bobcat Road, Quail Road, Possum Road also await. By the way, I looked at the campground map this AM, and looks like the Gator is our mascot.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia