Thursday, December 30, 2010

THE Trip, Las Cruces New Mexico Tidbits

Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Here are a few photos from our first couple of weeks here in Las Cruces New Mexico.

On December 20-21st, we had the Winter Sostice with an Eclipse as well.  I played at being photographer, and truthfully, most of the photos were, well, ickkkkk, but I had fun trying.  I did not use a tripod. Unlike so many other parts of the US we had almost totally clear skies.


Las Cruces is about 10 miles (give or take) from the Organ Mountains, they have captured my attention, and my camera is trying to capture them.

Organ Mountains, taken from the campground.
Organ Mountains, taken at sunset, aglow in pink.
Again, taken from the campground, from our campsite.


.

5 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

My mouth is still open, in awe of the moon. My goodness, I've seen professional photos, but never from a blogger / friend. Thank you Carol.

Susan Clark said...

Gorgeous. Shades of Monet and his light studies of the cathedral at Reims. All you need is the beret...

Éire Historian said...

Gorgeous! I am gobsmacked. I'd like to hang the mountain shots on my living room wall please. Cheers! Jennifer

LindaRe said...

I love pictures of mountains, absolutely beautiful.

Michelle Goodrum said...

I'm so glad you were able to see and photograph the lunar eclipse. I had plans to do the same but alas the clouds rolled in...