Thursday, December 16, 2010

THE Trip, Las Cruces New Mexico, Home For The Holidays

Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Well, we had an unofficial goal to get to Arizona before the Christmas and New Years holidays.  Thank goodness it was unofficial, because once we arrived in Las Cruces, it became evident pretty fast that we would honker down right here.  First Man was feeling worse, second, this park just felt good.  After days of someone resisting my hints of a required doctor visit, someone finally felt bad enough that someone (mmmm, Man) caved and off to the Urgent Care Clinic we went.  Man got some meds, we were told to purchase a humidifier/vaporizer, which we did. He was told, NO activity, no more running around the country side. OK, we can do that. 

As I alluded to, we had the unofficial goal of Arizona, but we had fully intended on landing somewhere and sitting tight for a month.  I want to nest and decorate Tana a bit for the holidays, need to order some meds, take care of business, and reflect a while.  I might even work on my Christmas stocking.

Big Butt, the hauling machine has NEVER
had it so good, a covered parking spot!

THE Shelf gets a few holiday decorations.

The violets are out of the travel boxes and
a few holiday decorations share this shelf
space which is in the kitchen area,
between the stove and the refrigerator.

If yorkies could talk they might say how disgusting this
situation is, "Our pen decorated with garland with
small candy canes.  YUCK!"  I can almost hear them whining
"MOMMMM"       

So, Man and I are home for the holidays, we will be here a few days more than a month, come January 2011 we will continue our trek westward.  We are looking forward to being over the ickies and to some new experiences, including, but not limited to boon docking with 110 of our fellow MOC friends in Quartzsite Arizona.



*Post Script to our rides through rural western Texas,
photo of my router/air card connection.  See that "Local only",
that transfers to "Carol, you cannot surf the net right now." 
I suspect we will see a lot more of that as we continue
our rides west in about a month.

**Post script to the post script,
Carol get the dust cloth out, gesshhh!

.

6 comments:

Cynthia Shenette said...

Okay, so how cute was that Yorkie shot?

FranE said...

Okay, so I have been following on FB and have not been making comments. This post is so your home is where your heart is. Hope you all are feeling great and finding much to interest you.
Hugs

Barbara Poole said...

It is nice to see the inside of Tana, after almost a year of hearing about her. Comfy, I would say. Looks all good to me, and enjoy Las Cruces.

Greta Koehl said...

Your Yorkies look like little children in that picture. And what 'tude!

Michelle Goodrum said...

I hope Man is feeling better very soon and that you do not come down with what he has.

I love the Yorkie shot. They don't know just how good they've got it. Typical teenagers I'd say!

Anonymous said...

Hope Man is on the mend. I like seeing photos of the inside of Tana - you are so well organised! Jo