Monday, December 13, 2010

Family Tree Magazine's Top 40, Well, I'll Be - -

Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Well, I'll be, someone nominated me for the Family Tree Top 40, and they allowed Reflections to compete.  When I read the qualifications, I honestly figured I would not be allowed on the ballot, let's be honest here, ole Carol does not blog just about family history or genealogy. 

As my header proclaims, I blog about "This and that from my world of Family Research, Yorkies, Photography, RV's and Traveling."  Sometimes I get really creative and manage to combine family research and travel in one post.  I really love that.  But, I write about my life, my interests, once in a while about my cranky days, about my family, weddings, and funerals.  I blog tombstones, birthdays, anniversaries, technology, and now and then about my yorkies.  I blog whatever catches my fancy for the day.

But, they have me on the ballot, so, I guess that means I am legal (tee hee).  I will say this, there are a lot of really good blogs represented.  WOWSERS!!!

And, I'll say this, it really really is an honor to be nominated. 

Here is the scoop, the announcement is here (Link no longer functional.  You can read a whole lot more about the whole thing here (link no longer functional.), and find links to all the really wonderful blogs that were nominated.

It looks like voting is through December 20th.

I would have liked to write a cute, witty, humorous post, but, my cute, witty and humor are depleted for the day.  Man is still feeling icky, we had to move Tana 30 foot to a new campsite today (more on that in a future post), I had to go find someone a humidifier the doctor ordered,  I am trying to get the twins gifts finished up and mailed, and since we are finally staying put for a while (again, more on that in a future post), I am decorating Tana for the holidays.

So, thank you to the party or parties that nominated me, I really am tickled and humbled.  Thank you to Family Tree Magazine for allowing this "not 100% of the time family history blog" in the competition. 

Congratulations to those who were also nominated, including cuz Anne over at Gene Notes

Well, I'll be.


.

12 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

Not surprised! And congratulations! And, oh yeah, there's plenty of meaty genealogy stuff in Reflections - the fun travel and other stuff are a bonus!

Becky Wiseman said...

I second what Greta said... Congratulations, Carol.

Bill West said...

Congratulations, Carol! You a much deserving of
this nomination!

Susan Clark said...

Third! You got it all, lady.

Lisa Swanson Ellam said...

No surprise to me! You got my vote, Carol!

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

Congratulations Carol....a well deserved nomination for an award winning blog. You have my vote girlfriend.

Brenda Leyndyke said...

Carol, Congrats on a well deserved nomination.

Éire Historian said...

Congratulations Carol! A well-deserved nomination for a great blog. Cheers! Jennifer

Barbara Poole said...

I fourth ninth it Carol. Good going, and congratulations to you.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Congratulations and I'm not surprised by the nomination at all. Your blog is a pleasure to read!

Tina Lyons said...

Congrats!

Cynthia Shenette said...

Oh Carol, congratulations! What a wonderful blog, honestly. I've loved reading about THE trip. And how could you not vote for a blog with those cute little Yorkie faces everywhere?