Friday, February 12, 2010

Wet Stuff

The forecast had been for snow, yes, here in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Maybe an inch.

By 2 AM (last night) it was pouring rain.  And I was awake.  Cappy was doing his regular panic shaking, but quietly.  And I stayed awake.  It was raining hard, ohhhhhh, I said that, well it was!!  Sound kept me awake, it was short of deafening, but not by much!

So, I turned on the weather channel and found that all schools in Baldwin County Alabama and surrounding areas had been cancelled for Friday.  Over at the Pensacola Naval Hospital, all routine appointments have been cancelled, the emergency room is open.  All personnel not affliated with the emergency room were asked to remain at home.

At 8 AM, it is still raining, buckets of rain. Campsite is flooded once more.  Maybe an inch of snow would be preferable??

We are still under a winter storm warning.  So, stay tuned, I may get a photo of snow here yet.


*If Pensacola gets snow, it will be the first time in 31 years, believe that is what Man heard on a local telie station last night.

**Weather graphic from logopub.net (Link not functional as of January 2019)

Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence.
.

2 comments:

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

Yeah, saw that awful forecast!

Ron and Thelma said...

Gee we didn't get any snow. Wah. Right I can't believe how excited they get down here. Got a lot of rain Didn't check my guage yet.