Man, being a great Reflections follower and supporter, as well as the "DH", upon reading the Slave Names and Chancery Cases post this AM, asks me, "OKKKK, just WHAT is a Chancery Case?" My response about "probate files, mumble, mumble, mmmmmmm --------", did not seem to sufficiently answer the question in his mind. So, he went on a Google search and came up with this great answer thanks to the Library of Virginia. The first paragraph gave me a case of the giggles, the rest gives specific details.
Chancery Cases, Research Notes Number 22.
Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...