Day off? Long weekend? BBQ? Camping trip? Family get togethers? End of summer? Almost beginning of school?
Yep, means all of this, PLUS
To our clan it means that Man was able to earn a decent living for his family. Good pay, good benefits, good medical insurance, some vacation time each year.
It may not be popular in 2009 to sing the praises of the labor unions. Many consider it out of the realm of politically correct statements. I suppose I risk getting some hate mail/messages from my not politically correct attitude.
But, it is LABOR Day, if you google it, you will find that Labor Day was celebrated in the US for the first time in 1882. It became a national holiday in 1894.
Today is Labor Day 2009. Man and I will take a moment or two to appreciate our nation’s heritage and will say a quiet prayer in thanks for those that came before us. Thanks for paving the way for many families to prosper, work hard, but prosper.
*According to Wikipedia, Labor Day also marks the beginning of the NFL and college football seasons. Go Blue! (Sorry Man, I have a soft spot in my heart for the team!)
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia
- European Union Stuff.