Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Spelling don't count, some examples

On April 23, 2009, I wrote about Spelling. Also on May 15, May 26, and May 29.

Spelling, good, bad, and indifferent, sure plays a HUGE role in our researching lives.

So, here are a few of my names, and the various spellings I have found, this is NOT to be considered a complete list for each name.

Gehrke, also found as Gerke, Sherke and Scherke. The last 2 were found in one obituary.

Canuet found: Canuett, Cannet, Connett, Connet and Canuel.

Not just limited to surnames, how bout this lovely example?? Czechoslovakia found spelled: Checzolovakia

Check back with me now and then, and I will share some more spelling oddities. I have some German surnames that have had as many as 25 different spellings, all traced back to one immigrant.

Are We Having Fun Yet??

No comments: