Hezekiah Bowen, born June 19, 1834, Bulloch County Georgia, died October 1, 1908 in Wayne County, Georgia. He married Martha Ann Sikes on February 15, 1857, we believe in Bryan County, Georgia. Hezekiah was the son of Hezekiah Bowen and Phareaby (Fereby) Fitzpatrick. He was the 3rd son and the 4th child born (that we have records of).
Hezekiah was a member of the Baptist Church, both in Bulloch County and Wayne County, where he had moved in 1895. He is buried at the Bethesda Primitive Baptist Church, Madray Springs, Wayne County, Georgia. His headstone is the only photo I have for Hezekiah.
Hezekiah served in Company K of the 54th Georgia Infantry during the War of the Rebellion. His compiled service record only has 7 pages. Hezekiah is not listed on the Amnesty Papers of Georgia. As far as I can determine (after two serious searches of the records), Hezekiah never applied for a pension from the state of Georgia for his service.
Hezekiah and Martha had 11 children, Matthew (AKA Math), America, Samuel J., Catharine, Fereby, Nathaniel, Joseph Eugene, Lela Rebecca, Harly, William Ashley and John Chester.
Hezekiah was a farmer for most of his life, but according to another family member, he did work as a laborer gathering turpentine for Richard J. Madray when he lived in Wayne County, Georgia.
And, the search continues - - -
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia