Copyright 2013, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
**NOTE: this post is presented out of order of THE Trip, THE Encore'. I had so much fun with this, I just could not wait to post it. Soon we shall return to mid California, I have many more wonderful things to share with you. You know what they say, stay tuned!**
Here in Gold Beach Oregon there is a sunken boat. I saw her as we crossed the 101 bridge, and of course, I had to go back and get a photo or two or - -
I wanted to play with the photos and my photo editing program. I had seen paintings of the boat in some of the local businesses. So, I knew she was popular. Little did I know I had happened upon the Mary D. Hume. A quick net search and soon I was reading this Wikipedia page. I won't ruin your read, but, she was built in 1881 and sunk in 1985. She is is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Here is the photo straight out of Sony Too:
And, here are photos I tweaked, note, I started each new effect with the original, only one effect per image, except the last image presented here.
First "film grain" applied:
Now, "dry brush":
Now, let's see if I can remember all the steps on this one, first converted to black and white, then I believe there was something called "highlight" applied, then "film grain" and then I added a bit of yellow:
Do you have a favorite??
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...