CABS for Reflections From the Fence
On the recommendation of MOC friends, including Steve and Vicki, and the Moab Information Center, Man and I decided to spend a day driving what is called the La Sal Mountain Loop. You can see a great map of this trip on this web page. The brochure the Information Center gave us states that this is a 4 hour round trip, generally open from May through October. We drove it on May 2nd, and yepper, there was still snow up there!
But, first lets have a look at the spectacular scenery on 128, which is north of Moab east off of 191. Much of this stretch of road runs along the Colorado River with towering walls of stunning red rock. This is part of the Colorado Riverway Recreation Area, there are small campgrounds tucked in along the river. There are hikes
So, I invite you to sit back, let Man do the driving, and enjoy the slide show!
Next we will climb up the mountain roads, and find a very special place to have lunch.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia