Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Hope you enjoy your long weekend, your burgers and hot dogs, and all the last vestiges of the end of summer.
Hope you will also remember that Labor Day, per About.com is about more than a great burger (although we can really appreciate that burger, mmmm, good):
"Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country."
Yes, Man was a union man for his entire working career. He worked hard, made a decent wage, had some pretty nice benefits, and provided for his family. We were and continue to be thankful for the Union and all that it offered us.
Happy Labor Day Man!
*Graphic courtesy of TheUnitedWebSitesofAmerica.com
**This is not intended to be a political blog post, just a reflection of the life Man and I have lived, and are thankful for. Any comments that appear inflamatory to ME will be deleted.
***MMMM, Man, since our grill is IN the hallway of the house, should we see if Randy's is open? Smoked BBQ would sufficiently substitute for a grilled burger, no??
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps