Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday, Mary C. Ball

Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

My cemetery stomping friend, Mary, and I were out working the Hillside Cemetery, Addision, Lenawee County, Michigan earlier this summer.  This cemetery has some "older" sections, with pioneers of the area.  And, believe me, it is located ON A HILL! 

I was doing the re-walk of one of the sections ON THE HILL.  If I remember correctly (and believe me, I don't always!  LOL), this burial was one we had marked to recheck very carefully.  In fact, I think we had missed it on our first walk this summer.  As you can see, I did find it:


See that little green thing, kinda stuck under the stone,
here, take a closer look:


Well, my, my, full birth and death dates, tucked under the headstone.  The payoff was, I don't believe we had the full dates on our records.  This plaque is so small it would have been very easy to miss, especially if the grass was long.

Well, no matter what my memory is compared to the reality, here is Mary, and here are the dates of her birth and death, and yes, I created a memorial for her at Find A Grave.



.

2 comments:

Susan Clark said...

You do such good work! Loved getting "introduced" to you (bit of a backlog on my reading) this morning. Kudos all 'round.

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Wow! What a find! I've never seen anything like it. I wonder if it was some sort of temporary grave marker before the granite stone was erected?