More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Ancestor Birthday Celebrations, Lilly Anna Gerth Gehrke
Peter and his entire family emigrated to the United States on March 27, 1894. His family traveled by ferry boat from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada to Port Huron, Michigan.
On September 10, 1910 Lilly married Frederick (Fred or Fritz) Johann Gehrke in Linkville, Huron County, Michigan.
To Lilly and Fred were born 7 children, one, Ruth, died as an infant. One other child born to this union died before Lilly passed. As of this blog's publication date, only one of the 7 children of Fred and Lilly is still living, Man's mother.
Lilly died on May 28, 1959 in Lincoln Park, Wayne County, Michigan. She is buried with Fred in the Glen Eden Memorial Park, Livonia, Wayne County, Michigan.
One of Lilly's nieces wrote this rememberance, "Lilly Gerth Gehrke and Uncle Fred loved to play euchre. After Bill and I moved to Allen Park we had great times calling each other to play euchre. Of course, the boys were caught changing trump in the middle of the hand. We would have to stop them and fuss a little--but it was all in fun. A piece of cake and cup of coffee always ended a nice evening. Of course the cold beer earlier in the evening hit the spot."