Copyright 2017, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
In July of 2013 Man and I were traveling east through the state of Washington, headed to Glacier National Park and home in Michigan. One of our short stops along the way was Leavenworth Washington. The City website has a nice review of their history. Briefly, in the 1960's they decided to remodel their hamlet in the form of a Bavarian village in an attempt to save their economically failing town. And, as they say, the rest is history.
Man and I enjoyed walking around town, a nice German meal (and some German beer, of course), the flowers and the Nutcracker Museum.
This was just one small portion of the Nutcracker Museum. Seriously, you could be lost in there for hours and come out smiling.
And, of course, the "pose with the nutcracker" photo, which is of course, required, mandatory.
The flowers were lovely, the nutcrackers were fun, the meal and beer, yummy. A nice day in Leavenworth. The next day, we would roll again, easterly.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia
- European Union Stuff.