Copyright 2013, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
April 4, 2013
In a prior post I shared some photos of the exterior buildings of Hearst Castle, lets have a look at the gardens now. I have posted additional photos of the flora over at Reflection's Flora and Fauna, you will want to visit, you don't want to miss 11 more garden photos.
For the most part, let the photos speak for themselves:
The rose gardens were wonderful. Roses in California are wonderful, oh, so are the rhododendron and the azalea and oh, all things flora.
The outdoor pool, the Neptune Pool:
You can see the roads coming up and going back down in this shot. The sea mist was really rolling in this day.
Another view of the roads and the beautiful acres and acres surrounding this home.
And, below the tennis courts, same building, the indoor pool, the Roman pool:
There are many web sites (including the official one) that tell about the Hearst Castle, here is one aimed at cycling, with numerous photos from the California State Parks system. Another site for more information (summary style) is of course, Wikipedia.
Not quite done, I'll show some interior shots soon.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...