Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
On our day trip with friends Bob and Mina to the Roosevelt Lake area, we stopped briefly at the Tonto National Monument Cliff Dwellings.
There are two dwellings, Upper and Lower.
A hike to the Upper Dwellings needs to be scheduled in advance with the park. However, there is a scenic pull off (on 188) where you can see them from below. Sony was maxed, but, I have to say, I am rather pleased with the photos, so if you can't hike, ZOOM Sony!
The Lower Dwellings are accessible via a paved 1/2-mile trail which ascends 350 vertical feet to the dwelling. This walk is about an hour for the round-trip walk, or that is what the web page says, so, make that about 2 hours for me. Due to time limitations and the threat of Africanized honey bees (Man is somewhat allergic to bee stings and we had no meds with us), we passed on this walk. Again, Sony came to the rescue:
Have to say, even from a distance these cliff dwellings are awesome. And, would you look at those Saguaros! WOW!
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag
- Reflection's Awards And Memberships
- Splogger-Splatterer, The Award Goes To:
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps