Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
We are playing grandparents this weekend, so, this is gonna be quick and dirty, LOL
Randy from Genea-Musings, posted this challenge, my response in red:
Hey there, Genealogy Jedis - it's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) Is there a person in your genealogy database that has the same birth date that you do? If so, tell us about him or her - what do you know, and how is s/he related to you?
I have 23 others in my data base that share my birthday, including my uncle Charles. Sorry, I don't have the time to chat about all 23, and truthfully, there are some that I have very little information about, and a few of these I cannot guarantee 100% that the date is correct.
2) For bonus points, how did you determine this? What feature or process did you use in your software to work this problem out? I think the Calendar feature probably does it, but perhaps you have a trick to make this work outside of the calendar function.
There is a very simple way to do this in RootsMagic (I currently am still using version 3.xxx) If you use RM you can follow these simple words/commands, again, I am not going to chat this out in bloody details! (Ya, I know, not my usual stuff! Remember, granddaughters!! LOL)
Search (person list)
Pull down to choose Birth Date, Equals, then input date you are interested in.
Results will show, if you suspect there may be more than one hit, click Next. Continue till RM tells you there are no more hits/results.
I use this method all the time. Very handy.
Back to the granddaughters, have a great weekend.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia