Friday, October 11, 2013

"Journals and Diaries"

Copyright 2013, CABS for Reflections From the Fence


This blog post  is part of my participation in a weekly writing meme called, "The Book of Me, Written By You"  You too can be part of this experiment/experience, there is information at this Facebook page.

I may or may not publicly share what I write each week. This week I share.

The prompt for week 6 is Journals and Diaries

Do you keep a journal or diary?
How far back do they go? What do you record?
Where do you keep them?
Do you always buy the same one or vary them?
Have you inherited any?
Do you intend to pass along your journals or destroy them?
Pictures
Do you have a favorite?
What do you use to write with – biro, pencil, ink or fountain pen?

As many youngsters do, as a young girl, I started several diaries.  Nope, I never kept them up and I have NO idea where they may be if they still exist.  Actually, I sincerely hope they are in a dumpster or land fill somewhere!

Sadly, I have not inherited journals or diaries any from my family. Maybe theirs are in a land fill somewhere too?  I am distantly related to this Michael tho, and there is the account book:  Michael Baker Store account book : Brocks Gap, Rockingham County, Virginia (1804-1825).  He is a great uncle several times removed.


I do however, blog.  And, I consider the blog, Reflections From the Fence, and the spin off blogs, Reflection's Flora and Fauna, Beyond Reflections From the Fence and Reflections Goes RVing (a web site, not a blog) to be my "journals" and maybe even my "diaries".   I sure record our travels there and some of my genealogy as well.

And, yes, I do some social media, I am on Google+, but, they have managed to load it down where it is a hog and loads slow and I have become discouraged with that.  And, yes, I am on Facebook where I spend entirely TOO much time.  That may be the most journal like presence I have, as I rant and chat over there several times a day, ok, MANY times a day.


.

No comments: