Copyright 2013, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
On May 9, 2013 Man and I left the wine country area and drove 40 miles to Greenbrae California, which is just north of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Some of you may remember the flat tire issue/rant. Sure made a LOUD bang/pop when it blew. Man and I both knew immediately, flat tire.
After the flat tire was changed we continued to Greenbrae. The campsites were small, but, ooh, we were so close to San Francisco. The staff could not have been nicer, really nice! They make it their jobs to show you how to get in and out of San Fran and not need to move your truck out of the campground. It involves some walking, buses and ferries, but, you don't have to fight ole big butt Jolly and the narrow roads, and no parking situations. Despite the buses and ferries, we did indeed take Jolly to town once. Just once, tell ya about that next time.
After the excitement of the day, we decided to take a little stroll out behind the park, maybe walk off a bit of the stress - -
The road to no where, or the road less traveled. Abandoned rail road tracks.
This is a low lying area, a bit marshy, with well worn paths indicating that it is a area many like to walk in, many with dogs.
With much zoom, I captured this water bird stalking for it's dinner:
And to end the evening, a golden sunset, looking west:
The next few days, San Fran. It was quite the experience.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia
- European Union Stuff.