Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
You know how it goes, your mind is wandering (no smarty remarks from my readers about how my mind is ALWAYS wandering! LOL)
You think one thing, and in a minute or two that memory has led you down a strange path,
to a memory past - -
The yorks are out in the yard, doing what they do out there, and I happen to see a deer, not just ANY deer, but a buck. In the more than 15 years we have lived here, I have seen less than a handful of bucks. Lots of mommas and babies, but, not many daddies.
My memory immediately flips to a trip many years ago, in fact, I shared a couple of photos of it with you, but only some of the memories. Here is another.
As we started up the trail on our "little" walk, I was concentrating on not stepping on some of the sharp stones that protruded out of the trail surface, I was wearing thin plastic sandles, not much protection. Every few steps I would glance up to be sure I was still headed in the correct direction and to check for trees standing in my way.
"Wasn't it nice of the park officials to have these statues of deer out here on the trail, to add some authenticity - - -"
Then, I realized, these were NO statues. They were real!
I giggle at myself everytime my memory triggers lead me to this long ago memory, of deer, statues, and hikes with my family.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia