In my email early this AM, email that starts out:
"First and foremost, please accept my compliments on your beautiful blog."
Why thank you. Blush Blush
Next is a list of web sites this person has an official affliation with. No I am not going to post them here, I am not out to slam them in that manner.
Next part of the email states: "I would like to know if you would be interested in writing a post about - - - - - - - " and a statement of what one may find on the free pages.
OK, free pages are always a good thing.
But, here is the clincher, this one sentence,
"If time is an issue for you, I could provide you with a text written by me, and if it finds your approval, feel free to post it."
EXCUSE ME???? You want to write MY blog post?? Can you read,
I DON'T THINK SO?
If you will take a gander at my right hand column, you will note there are a lot of widgets, photos, lists, and a few awards that I treasure. Note, you will NOT find any widgets to take you to Ancestry or Footnote or any pay site. WHY??
Simply, because then I am not beholden to any one or any corporation. If you pay me, I have a certain responsibility back to you. I take your $$, I feel that I need to support you in a positive way. If I don't take your $$, and you mess up, I can say so, you mess up BIG time, I get to say so BIG time. I have before. And, I might again.
So, considering my stand on taking $$ or making $$ with my blog, do you really think I am gonna copy and paste something you write for me and post it here?? First of all, it would be so obvious. I have my own writing style.
OK, as Man pointed out, this email does say "if it finds your approval". Nice disclaimer. Covers the bases.
I DON'T THINK SO! Yep, that one sentence really sent me on a tirade. You just read it.
* Yes, I have written blog posts about products, products I paid full price for. I did receive as compensation for those posts a nice thank you note from the vendor and permission to use their graphic which was obtained BEFORE the post was made. One was iPod Touch and GedView and the other was GedView MIA's and a work around, GoodReader
** There are a lot of bloggers out there that use $$ making widgets, this is not meant to slam you, your blog/sandbox, your call, your widgets. Please don't take this personally, this post is only meant to state my stand, my point of view, my way, my blog, my sandbox.
*** Red angry face graphic courtesy of http://www.bigoo.ws/
Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence.
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia