Thursday, August 1, 2019

Valdez and a Reality Day: The Estate Takes on Alaska.

Copyright 2019, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

July 26, 2019

It’s raining. And fogged in. We will start the day with some restocking/reorganization of The Estate.  Then a museum that has Man interested.  The temps are mild, 55. 

So, we did a lot of that organizing stuff, gave Sir W a bath.

We saw bunnies in Valdez here is a black one, also saw a small white one running under the RV's in the park and one very large tan one.


Then walked over to the Valdez Museum and Historical Archives, very nice.  

This cool fire engine was damaged and refurbished.  I saw the photo of the damaged engine, I have to say, that this might be this nicest refurbish I have ever seen.  It was quite amazing.


Old bars fascinate me. They sure are HUGE. This one was local and donated.


These skis are for planes to use to land on the snow.  I was imporessed.


Valdez Visitors Center to try to figure out what else we might want to do.  Man was impressed with this bear, who was about 3 or 4 years old. 


Safeway for s a few groceries and back to The Estate.,  6,500 steps, give or take.  All this driving around for days on end, the steps are welcome and needed.

It’s trying to spit rain again.  I am doing some very necessary back ups.  Seems I can do about 8 days of hard photography and the memory card on Sony III is full.  It was over full today, and I had to delete a few photos to finish our museum tour.  I did not delete anything that was not already backed up to the computer and the external hard drive - - sigh of relief - - I’ll bet you heard that sigh!  LOL 

It's a great summer day in Valdez.  If you are a local, you think that.  It is damp(ish), low slung clouds about, drips rain now and then, and the crowds are down, cause it is dank.  The locals rest on days like this, they love them.



.

No comments: