Saturday, August 31, 2019

Reservations, Mt. Thielson, The Lake: The Estate Takes on Alaska

Copyright 2019, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

August 26, 2019

Today we MUST get some reservations for the upcoming Labor Day weekend.  Practically everyone that owns a rig wants to camp.  We just want to start east and homeward.

 Man has heard about this beach near here, like 1/2 mile, maybe.  Everyone says the connections there are good.  It’s not well marked and we drove past it yesterday, not realizing.  Today, he is determined we will find that spot, he has better directions.

 And, find it we do!  And, yes, Sprint connectivity was perky!  We spent hours there, sitting at the picnic tables, Sir W in his collapsible pen, enjoying the day, the view.  Not bad, eh??



And, we snagged reservations for the weekend in several different parks.  

We took a short ride around Diamond Lake and went to a high view point for Diamond Lake.  The view of the lake was OK, but, that volcano, Mt. Thielson!  Now, that was special.


As we drove around the lake, I spotted some fireweed, I have been looking for some that shows a bloom and a bit of seed on the same stalk at the same time.  Some of my RVing friends and I have been discussing fireweed over at Facebook for weeks.  Such great fun and finally, I found a place where I found my target AND I could stop and take a photo.  So, I took several - - 




I actually grabbed the top and pulled it away from all other greenery in an attempt to show it was only one plant.  Yes, I tend to be obsessive.  LOL





.

No comments: