Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
Guess who joined us in Salt Lake City, yepper, it is Becky from Kinexxions. We even managed to stay in the same campground.
We have been here a couple of days and already we are having fun, learning about the Library, and getting into some serious research, and hopefully, break down a brick wall, or two, or . . . . .
Here we are ready to go show Salt Lake City a thing or two - - let the researching begin!
And, there it is, THE LIBRARY!!! The one I have been dreaming of visiting for, a long, long time, ok, close to 20 years. Note, the tulips! And, tucked in there with the tulips are very healthy pansies.
At lunch time we went out and just HAD to take photos of the flowers, and, I found PURPLE pansies.
First day at the library we did the orientation film, were treated as special patrons by very nice volunteers, questions answered with a smile, directions given on how those snazy (but, mmmm, a bit slow) digital printers work. Having all those films within grabbing distance is SWEET! I started the time off grabbing a number of vital records images (they are not on the FamilySearch.org site yet.) The to do list is growing shorter, a few items at a time.
Yep, Salt Lake City, Becky and I are here, and we intend to do some serious research in that library, see ya again in the AM!!!
*Better have a lookie see at Becky's blog, I have a feeling she has a photo of me and those flowers??
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia