Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Elusive Ella, NOW I Know Why We Cannot Find Her

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Elusive Ella, she is hiding under this guy's hand, I just know it!


Photo taken of my microfilm reader at the LDS FHC, Salt Lake City, loaded with a roll of film.  I found this as one of the images on that roll.  I guess the dude who was filming these records had a trigger finger, or, what I call the fat finger, and took a photo of his own hand.

ROTFLOL.

No editing was available for microfilm, and so his hand, wedding ring, and that little pointing finger cover thingy will live on in this film for eternity.

You will note, his hand covers a lot of the record, I just know that there are more of these hand images on all the films that we need to solve the mysteries and lies of our Elusive Ella.

RATS!

7 comments:

Éire Historian said...

His hand, and no cotton gloves! Ugh! LOL. Oh well at least his descendants have a hope of 'getting a hand' on his history. (Sorry, ugh again)

Oh my goodness, I hope you don't find too many more like this, and I hope you find your Elusive Ella.

Cheers,
Jennifer :)

Barbara Poole said...

Glad it wasn't your hand, as I saw the picture first, before reading. What a shame.

Carol said...

Barbara, me of much black humor, thought it was funny. Becky insisted I take a photo, we have her to thank for this tongue-in-cheek post! LOL

And, Jennifer, Nope, no cotton gloves, I think this was filmed about 1958, wonder if they used gloves then, even in archives?? Another research question! LOL

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

I was hoping that you guys were dancing around the library but if not, then laughter is good!

Becky Wiseman said...

Apple - laughter aplenty but no dancing in the library, yet. At least not by me!

Greta Koehl said...

Yeah, in my business we call that a "digital" image - sorry, couldn't help myself....

Susan Clark said...

Too funny! And Greta - well played.