Saturday, May 28, 2011

THE Trip, Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona, Arizona

Copyright 2011, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

One very special part of our day in Sedona Arizona was spent visiting the Chapel of the Holy Cross.

The Chapel is a very special place, the building is narrow, but has plenty of emotion and meaning packed into that space. The Chapel as seen from below as you drive up.  It really belongs there, doesn't it?



Even the walkway from the parking area to the Chapel is built in such a way as to blend with nature.



As this was a special holy place I did not take a lot of photos inside, but this piece was so lovely, I just could not resist.


Looking out over the alter, towards the red beauty of the Sedona Arizona landscape.


The Chapel of the Holy Cross is a charming peaceful place, Man and I enjoyed our short visit there.


.

3 comments:

Éire Historian said...

A very beautiful sight, and your photographs of it express that beauty so very well. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Cheers,
Jennifer

Myrna said...

One of my favorite places to visit and experience. There is a special spirit there. It has been 35 yrs since we were there and I still remember it. Your pictures are the same as mine from 35 yrs ago. Makes me want to go back.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Lovely! I've seen it from the road, but never up close. You're photos are wonderful.