Mark Joel Califf was born June 5, ? 1888 ?, at Lawler, Chickasaw County, Iowa to Scott A. Califf and Elizabeth or Lizzie (Jeffords) Califf. His birth year has also been reported as 1887, and is so inscribed on his headstone.
On 26 Feb 1909, Mark married Katherine L. Goss in Chickasaw County, Iowa. They lived in Black Hawk County Iowa according to the 1910, 1920 and 1930 US Census reports. I have found indications that they had 4 children, Gladys born about 1909, Lorette born about 1912, Russell (middle initial found as M and found as D) born 1913, and Mary born about 1914.
Mark died in 1941 and is buried (as are Katherine and Russell) in the Calvary Catholic Cemetery, Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa. There is a memorial for him at Find A Grave.
My interest in Mark is specifically that he is a descendant of the following:
Parents: Scott Califf and Elizabeth Jeffords
Abraham and Susan represent a fallen tree for me. Again, specifically, I want to prove ALL their children. Oh, yea, one child specifially, Laura Jane Oakley, who married William N. Lashbrook.
*Source of graphic, long lost, apologies from Reflections for the loss.
Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence
More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia
- European Union Stuff.