Friday, June 25, 2010

52 Weeks To Better Genealogy - Challenge #25, and a Follow Friday

Thanks to Amy Coffin, of We Tree  for the 52 Weeks challenges. Week 25 is: Write one good, solid comment on at least one genealogy blog every day for a week. (Well, I hope they were good and solid!  LOL)

Sunday, June 20th  Left a message on Dorsey's post for Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, her first participation, Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - A Prolific Father, a very nice job and a great photo as well.

Monday, June 21st  Would have let a comment on Footnote Maven's piece on Splogging, but, her comment button was on the blitz, no matter, you should go read Splog Happens anyway.  I learned a lot by reading it.  Ohhh, and she got that comment thing going.  Wahhooo.

Tuesday, June 22nd  Left a message on Barbara's "Life From the Roots".  She has great photos, and today's was no exception.  Wait till you see that cemetery gate, at her Tombstone Tuesday post.  Also left a message on Terri Buster's blog, Southwest Arkie, her Tombstone Tuesday entry was also outstanding, so unusual. Go see for yourself, Tombstone Tuesday ~ Welcome to Earth.  (Sadly, this blog is no longer viable, March 2019.)

Wednesday, June 23rd.  Left a comment on Cynthia Shenette's blog, "Heritage Zen:". her post with photos of her wedding dress and cake.  Lovely and that cake is so special!  And, her template, can we say fab??  Yes we can!

Thursday, is Treasure Chest Thursday, what fun reading, great photos, lots of foder for comments.  Like:  Jennifer at "'On a flesh and bone foundation': An Irish History", who posted some of those fun photo booth photos at her post, Treasure Chest Thursday: Old photos found.  Go take a peak.  Or how bout Terri Buster's post Treasure Chest Thursday ~ Samuel Buster Marriage License?  (Again, note this blog no longer on line.)  Now, that is a treasure.  Michelle Goodrum over at "The Turning of Generations" has been revealing treasures found in her Time Capsule, such as Treasure Chest Thursday-Time Capsule-Frances' Necklace.  As soon as I see she has added a new post, I surf right over, great series of posts.

Friday, left comment on 'Begin with "Craft"', where Valerie was talking about scanning a probate case packed with pages and pages, all 11 X 17 inches.  I suggested she might try photographing the documents, as I discussed here a few weeks ago.  I joined as a follower, she researches heavy in the SE of USA, an area I am very interested in, hoping I will pick up a few hints and ideas.

Saturday, would be day 7, but, I am going to beg off, asking forgiveness. Got that wedding, I think that will qualify a "forgive".

So, I am going to publish this on Friday, Follow Friday.

Thanks Amy for another great challenge.


Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

.

5 comments:

Michelle Goodrum said...

Carol, Thanks for the shout out! Michelle

Cynthia Shenette said...

Carol, thanks for your kind comment regarding my wedding photos and the shout out on your Follow Friday post. I appreciate both. Unfortunately, I found your shout out via a splog I've been dealing with this week. The splogger/bottom-feeder has lifted all of my content for the last month. Very frustrating. I will say I enjoyed your "splogger-splatters" articles. Thanks again, and keep splattering!

Carol said...

You are both welcome, Cynthia, I am so sorry to hear about the splogger. They have been running amuck lately, Splat em!!

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Glad you found this week's challenge helpful. Thanks for playing along!

Sherry - Family Tree Writer said...

I've been following through with your "Follow Friday" post! Awesome mentions and much enjoyed! I'm afraid I've let summer and working on a gen conference interrupt my posting schedule! Maybe this week, I can get back on track!