More Special Pages From Reflections
- Heritage Flag & The Family Names
- Friend of Friends
- THE Trip, The Maps
- Disclaim THAT! Beholden to - -
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Two
- THE Trip, THE Encore' :: The Maps, Part Three
- 2013 Thankful November
- Families Past :: Pedigree Charts
- Edna May Fenton Stevens Time Line Experiments
- Winter Sojourn 2014/15 :: The Maps
- Reflection's Contibutions to the Worldwide Genealo...
- Reflections Visits Nova Scotia
- European Union Stuff.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Treasure Chest Thursday, Shadow Box
Man bought me this shadow box when we were first married, a great many moons ago. It is an old frame hinged (on the top) onto a box with shelves. It was made for us in Blissfield Michigan by a wonderful older couple (well, they were older then, probably about my age now, GULP!) who ran an antique store out of their home. We painted the interior shelves white to show off the porcelin collection. This shadow box has hung in every home we have lived in, with the exception of the two villas we inhabited in Morocco, the box stayed safely stored in Man's parent's home during that time.
Many items in the collection were given to me by my grandmother, Florence Ruth Dews Bowen. I shared another such shadow box, also filled with the gifted minatures.
Several of the collectibles in this box on the second shelf from the bottom on the right side are actually salt and pepper shaker sets. I have quite a few salt and pepper shaker sets from Florence.
In total I have 4 shadow boxes filled with these mini-treasures, treasures within a treasure.
Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence