Friday, July 12, 2019

SMOKE!! Alaska's Full of Smoke: The Estate Takes on Alaska

Copyright 2019, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

July 10, 2019

Yep, still smoky.  This morning, when I opened the door to The Estate to take a peak, I could smell smoke.

Tomorrow we will head down towards Anchorage.  Man will try to get an oil change on The Estate.

We hope for cooler temps and pray for rain.  Who wouldda thunk I would be praying for rain.  Beware of what you wish for, eh??

Plans for today, not much, cannot see any mountains.

Had late lunch at the The Black Bear. Good food. 

Took a nap. 

Late in the day I caught the sun over the top of the motel we are parked behind.  No editing was done to this photo, except to downsize it for the web.  As taken.  Sun through the smoke.


Sat outside in the evening.  At 9:30 some one started playing the bagpipes in the campground. 

No seeing Denali for us. We won’t lie, we are very disappointed. Not a thing to be done about it, but we are disappointed.  


.

1 comment:

John Bankson said...

I can imagine how disappointed you guys must be. I'm so sorry after all you guys have to plan this trip? A big hug my friend. JB