Sunday, July 7, 2019

First World Ick - - AKA - - Reality Day, Fairbanks, Alaska: The Estate Takes on Alaska

Copyright 2019, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

July 6, 2019

A very slow start. My day started lousy when I discovered that my 4th of July post refused to display the photos. My morning was filled with first world angst. 

After noon. Went to Fairbanks via the scenic route.  Did some supplies at Walleyworld where we found - - RVs/Campers. Lots of em!  I am not sure I have ever seen quite this many rigs in a WM parking lot.  And, yes, it is my opinion, they are "camped" there.  Man and I have never done any WM or Flying J or similar boondocking.  I'm not gonna try to figure out why, cept for in some cases, it would be a security concern or the noise of 18-wheelers running all night.  We just have not done any of this kind of RVing.  SOOOO, I grabbed the cell phone and took two photos.  You will note that the Raptor, is the same unit.  So, you could sorta blend the two photos to get the full effect, eh?



Quick Costco hit. Auto supply store and then we found a great Mexican place to have a lunch/dinner. 

Then back to camp via the “fast” route. 

It’s warm here. High today about 84. People are melting. Some businesses are sweltering inside, no air conditioning. 

Oh, this is what you do when you are packed to the gills and Man wants some chips to munch on.  LOL  In the little lunch sizes, but, LOTS of little lunch sizes.  


We sat out side in the evening, it was warm!  And, get this - - no skeeters!!  WHAHOOOO.  We reviewed our options, stay tuned.


.

No comments: